The Gannochy Trust has launched a £500,000 COVID-19 Recovery and Renewal Fund to assist in keeping our local charities operational during the pandemic, and to enable them to develop and deliver the important services that our local communities need. The pandemic has had a major impact on vulnerable people across the region, adversely affecting their health and financial stability, as well as putting a major financial and operational burden on the local charities that serve them. Charities operating in Perth and Kinross that fit our eligibility criteria can apply today.
The fund consists of three grants that charities can apply for:
- Small grants of up to £10,000;
- Main grants from £10,000 to £30,000;
- Major grants from £30,000 to £50,000.
The COVID-19 Recovery and Renewal Fund is available from June 1st 2020 and will remain in place until June 2021, or until the allocated funds are exhausted.
Covid-19 funding objectives
Our intended outcomes for the fund are:
- the financial sustainability of charities working in Perth and Kinross is increased;
- the capability of charities adversely affected by COVID-19 to support people and communities is increased;
- charities are able to successfully adapt to the challenges presented by COVID-19;
- Children, people and communities are supported effectively through the COVID-19 pandemic and aftermath.
The Gannochy Trust will apply the exclusions outlined in our 2019-22 Funding Strategy to the COVID-19 Recovery and Renewal Fund. Our Funding Strategy can be found in the downloads section below. Please take the time to read before applying.
Please see below some additional criteria related specifically to the COVID-19 Fund.
Our fund is for registered charities either based in Perth and Kinross or delivering services locally.
The Gannochy Trust expects applicants to have considered all available funding options and the use of their reserves before applying. It is likely the Trust will be one of a number of funding partners for a charity affected by COVID-19.
Applicants must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- Provide evidence that the COVID-19 pandemic is adversely affecting the organisation financially and operationally;
- Are developing new support services for people and communities directly impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Be a current recipient of funding from the Gannochy Trust.
Applicants must also be able to fulfil at least one of our core funding objectives for Perth and Kinross, as set out below:
Core funding objective -To improve the quality of life for people by:
- Creating positive change in people’s lives and communities;
- Increasing inclusion, empowerment and independence;
- Increasing access to employment, volunteering, education and leisure opportunities;
- Increasing equality of opportunity and active citizenship.
Core funding objective – To develop and inspire young people by:
- Increasing participation, opportunities and experiences through sport, culture, leisure, environment, heritage;
- Raising aspirations and realisation of full potential;
- Improving access to accredited training and learning;
- increasing employability and employment options;
- Increasing leadership or mentoring.
Step 1 Check if you are eligible for funding by reading the ‘Are you eligible for funding’ section above, as well as the exclusions included in our 2019-2022 Funding Strategy which you can download below;
Step 2 Decide which grant best suits the needs of your charity;
Step 3 Download and complete a short application form which you can also find in the downloads section below. In the application form you must clearly set out the charity’s need for funds, how any awarded funds will be used, anticipated support from other sources and use of the charity’s reserves. In exceptional circumstances, charities can request that their application is considered ‘urgent’ and these applications will be prioritised for assessment and decisions;
Step 4 Send your completed application form to email@example.com
Reporting to us
All charities receiving awards from the COVID-19 Recovery and Renewal Fund will be required to report on the use of the funds and outcomes achieved. A reporting form with instructions on use is available to download below. The report must be returned to the Trust when the project is completed, or within six months of the grant being awarded.
Information on the COVID-19 Recovery and Renewal Fund has been widely circulated to charities, all current grant holders on the Trust’s databases, and through relevant networks. A press release has also been issued to raise awareness of the new Fund and encourage a wide range of applicants.
The Gannochy Trust will collate information on awards, how these have been used and the impact achieved against the intended outcomes. This will inform the work of the Trust in understanding how people and communities can be supported effectively.
Each application will be carefully assessed and funds will be awarded either in a single payment, or in payments over an agreed time period, dependent on circumstances.
Charities can make further applications to the Recovery and Renewal Fund, if for example funding has been awarded for immediate needs but a charity has a new opportunity to offer support directly to affected people and communities.
Yes existing grant holders can apply for a separate grant from the new fund.
Yes. We are accepting applications from charities that have never previously been funded by the Gannochy Trust, or are not current recipients of funding, as long as they meet the criteria.
The timescale requirements for charities making applications set out in the Trust’s 2019-2022 Funding Strategy will be waived for this fund. While quarterly grant-making meetings will continue, decisions on grants from this fund will be made separately and within shorter timescales.