Repairs and Tenancy Issues

What do I do if I need a repair?

For housing repairs (both routine and emergency) during normal working hours (Mon-Fri, 9.00am – 5.00pm), please  call The Gannochy Trust office on 01738 620653 or e-mail

What do I do if there is an emergency outside normal working hours?(gas leak, water leak, electrical failure)

The Gannochy Trust’s contractors provide cover for out-of-hours emergencies such as the loss of heating or hot water, carbon monoxide alarm activation, blocked drains, burst water pipes, constant electrical faults which will not re-set, jamming doors or locks which compromise security etc. Emergency contact numbers are noted below and are also available on the Trust’s answerphone system.

1. Reporting a gas leak or CO detector is activated

Contact National Grid Gas Emergencies on 0800 111999 if there is a
gas leak, you smell gas or CO detector is activated.
You must take the following actions:
Turn off your gas at the meter with a quarter turn handle on the pipe
at the side of the meter.
Turn off all gas appliances.
Open all doors and windows.
Do not use any electrical appliances or switch any lights on or off.
Do not smoke or use naked flames.
Do not turn on gas supply until remedial action taken and authorised
by a competent person.

2. Central heating fault

For emergency central heating repairs contact Kingdom Gas on 0800 3899463.

An emergency repair is classed as an uncontrollable water leak from a central heating system e.g. a leak from a radiator which cannot be controlled by the valves or a loss of heating and or hot water. Kingdom Gas provide 24/7 emergency cover including the provision of temporary heaters where the problem cannot be fixed immediately.

3. Plumbing and drainage repairs

For emergency drainage problems or burst water supply pipes contact Thermal Comfort on 01738 787860 or 07703 107364.

4. Electrical faults or failures

For electrical system problems which will not re-set or faulty smoke or heat alarms contact David Peebles Electrical on 01738 447591 or 07709 365071.

5. Door is jammed or the locks don’t work properly

For jammed doors or locks that compromise security, contact Graham Davidson Joiners on 07493 233844.

When to tell The Gannochy Trust about an emergency call out or repair

Tenants must notify the Trust office of any emergency call-out on the first working day during office hours, including details of the fault and which company has been called out.

The Gannochy Trust staff are responsible for instructing tradespeople to carry out non-emergency work of any description.

If a tenant instructs a tradesperson to carry out non-emergency work, they may be liable for the costs and payment.

General queries about maintenance and repairs

Please contact Bob McFarlane, Assistant Estates Manager.

Email: Phone: 01738 620653

How do I report a case of vandalism?

Contact The Gannochy Trust estates team at or call the office on 01738620653.

Contact Us

For any queries about your tenancy, please contact Carol Annand, Tenancy Officer.

Email: Phone: 01738 620653

Compliments, concerns and complaints

We are always trying to improve our service. Tenants can help us to do this by sharing any compliments, concerns or complaints. You are welcome to get in touch to discuss these with us.
For any compliments, concerns or complaints, please contact Carol Annand, Tenancy Officer (details above) or the Chief Executive.
Phone: 01738 620653