A large proportion of our funding work takes place in Perth and Kinross, in line with the wishes of our founder A. K. Bell.
We provide three types of grant:
- Project funding for the delivery of projects and activities;
- Core funding for operational costs such as salaries, overheads and day to day running costs; and
- Capital funding to create or improve an asset, such as a new building or refurbishment.
In addition, we have a Youth Panel Fund where the assessment and decision-making are undertaken by a panel of young people. Applications are invited for work in Perth and Kinross that supports Youth Activity, Youth Voice, and/or Youth Health and Wellbeing.
Core funding and capital grants are only available for charities and work that is based in Perth and Kinross. Capital funding applications comprise of a two stage process.
We provide the following grant levels:
- small grants of up to £10,000 a year for a maximum of three years;
- main grants of up to £30,000 a year for a maximum of three years; and
- major grants of over £30,000 a year for a maximum of three years.
Major grants are only available for charities and work based in Perth and Kinross.
Applicants for grants must demonstrate how they meet our criteria and deliver our stated outcomes. A number of exclusions apply. All applicants should read our current funding strategy and guidance or Youth Panel guidance carefully.
In order to establish or re-establish a relationship with The Gannochy Trust, charities that are applying to the Trust for the first time or have not received funding within the past ten years should only apply for one year.